Apple Seeds iOS 14 beta 3 to the public
July 24, 2020
Apple seeded iOS 14 public beta 3 and iPadOS public beta 3 with several bug fixes and improvements added. You can install iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 beta 3 witha registered account on Apple Beta Software Program. Here we discussed all we’ve gathered how to install iOS 14 public beta, release notes, changes, known issues, and others so far.
What’s new in iOS 14/ iPadOS beta 3?
- A new popup will appear for iOS 14 widgets when you try it for the first time.
- A new popup will appear for home screen edit when you try it for the first time.
- Clock App new widgets
- New app icon for Apple Music App
- New option to share Apple music songs, albums, and playlist to Snapchat stories
- Music App library interface contains new icons
- The storage bug arised in iOS 14 beta 1 and 2 has been fixed now.
- Push notifications for wash hands in location based
- New Memoji mask design
- Screen time widget
- iMessage apps icons are now hidden when switching to the emoji keyboard.
- In photos, image search is now supported in Simulator.
Known issues in iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 beta 3
- 3D Touch is temporarily unavailable in iOS 14 Beta 3.
- Automatic person height measurement using iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation) and iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation) is currently unavailable.
- In Notes, the pen tools might activate unexpectedly while typing with a Bluetooth keyboard.
- In Shortcuts, automation might not run if they’re scheduled immediately after one another.
- In Software update, your device might restart but isn’t updated to iOS & iPadOS 14 beta. (Apple advised to try removing content to free up additional storage or update your device using your computer for resolving)
- AppStore, Audio, Device Check, ExposureNotification, Fonts, HomeScreen, Home Kit, Localization, Mail, Maps, Phone and Facetime, Siri, SwiftUI, 3rd Party Apps, Wallet, and some others still have issues to be fixed.
Check for detailed known issues described in iOS 14 beta 3 Apple Release Notes.
How to install/ upgrade iOS 14 beta 3
According to Apple release notes they mentioned an important message as follows.
So all that you need to do first is create a backup of your device and go through the update. As mentioned, this is an early beta stage for iOS 14 that might contain bugs and will interrupt your iPhone/ iPad. Keep that in mind and follow the steps below to install/ upgrade to the latest iOS 14 beta 3/ iPadOs beta 3.
Install iOS/ iPadOS public beta 3 with three easiest methods.
- Those who are registered in Apple Beta Software program you can simply check for an update via Settings → General → Software Update and then “Download and Install”.
- Install and experience the pre-releases of upcoming iOS 14 with iOS/iPadOS 14 beta 3.
- Connect your iPhone/ iPad/ iPod touch with iTunes installed computer and install the update.