The checkra1n team updated Twitter this Sunday afternoon to uncover its latest checkrain jailbreak tool to version 0.12.0. They are adding an excessive amount of improvements such as checkra1n v0.12.0 official support for iOS 14.1 and 14.2, and A10/A10X devices running iOS 14.x . These are sure to earn high attention from the jailbreak lovers.
Let's see what are the most exciting new features that iOS 14 users probably wouldn't want to miss. The three most exciting news about the checkrain v0.12.0 compatibility are:
- For the first time, Checkra1n version 0.12.0 supports A10 and A10X devices that are running iOS or iPasOS 14.
- Official support for the iOS, iPadOS 14.1, and 14.2 running all the A8, A9, A10, and A10x devices.
- A11 Bionic chip devices such as the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and X can now be jailbroken on iOS 14 using checkra1n v0.12.0. But with one major restriction: the user must skip the BPR tests.
Checkra1n v0.12.0 Supported Devices
- iPhone 6s, 6s Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPad 5th, 6th and 7th generations
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Pro 1st and 2nd generations
- iPod touch 7
Checkra1n v0.12.0 New Features
- Checkra1n v0.12.0 official support for iOS 14.1 and 14.2
- Official support for A10/A10X devices running iOS 14.x
- Support for A11 devices on iOS 14.x with some limitations such as skip A11 BPR check.
- New “Quick Mode” option that makes the GUI/TUI run on a timer and require no clicks.
Checkra1n v0.12.0 Bug Fixes
- Widespread issue that could cause crashes or hangs at various stages of booting.
- Fixes a kernel patch that made many kexts think the device was in restore mode.
- Fixes an issue where the tvOS loader would crash on tvOS 13.x.
- Fixes a GUI/TUI issue that would cause failure with A7 devices.
- iPad Air 2Fixes a GUI/TUI issue where failure to jailbreak could cause memory corruption.
- Fixes an issue where the T2 overlay was not being sent in the Linux version.
- Ships a vastly updated PongoOS. I.e Working USB on all SoCs, a hardware AES driver for all SoCs, providing access to GID keys and Booting with -p works once again.
This checkrain version 0.12.0 beta is available only for macOS and Linux. Work is ongoing to support Windows, which will be added in a later version.
Currently checkra1n only supports installing Cydia. Support for other package managers, including Zebra and Installer is coming soon and is expected within a few weeks.
checkrain version 0.12.0 beta appears to be a solid update for the checkra1n jailbreak lovers and users. Stay with taig9 for future updates about Checkra1n v0.12.0.