Apple released iOS 14.0.1 one week after releasing iOS 14. Apple mainly focuses on bug fixes and other minor changes in this update.
There were issues in home screen widgets and default app settings in iOS 14. With the release of iOS 14.0.1, they have resolved all these issues.
Here is the release note of iOS 14.0.1 update.
- Fixes an issue that could cause default browser and mail settings to reset after restarting your iPhone
- Addresses an issue that could prevent camera previews from displaying on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Fixes an issue that could prevent your iPhone from connecting to Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that could prevent sending email with some mail providers
- Addresses an issue that could prevent images from appearing in the News widget
How to Jailbreak iOS 14.0.1?
iOS 14.0.1 jailbreak is possible with checkra1n jailbreak. Also, iPadOS 14.0.1 is possible with checkra1n jailbreak.
A few days before the checkra1n team release a new version of checkra1n 0.11.0. It supports iOS 14 and now supports iOS 14.0.1.
But checkra1n 0.11.0 only supports iOS 14.0.1 on A9(X) and below devices. However, the checkra1n team working for the latest devices supporting checkra1n jailbreak.
Here is the compatible devices list for iOS 14.0.1.
- iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, and SE
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Pro 1st generation