FileSwitcherX - Change the Default iPhone System Sounds
You know that Apple doesn’t allow you to change any default system sound of your device. In fact, you can do so by jailbreaking your device.
How cool is that if you can change the default system sounds of your iPhone without having to jailbreak it? Well, that’s when the FileSwitcherX app enters the scene.
In this article, you can explore,
- What is the FileSwitcherX app?
- FileSwitcherX supported iOS
- FileSwitcherX Features
- How to install FileSwitcherX online?
Let’s dig in!
What is the FileSwitcherX app?
FileSwitcherX is an open-source app that lets you do the very same as discussed above; removing or replacing the default system sounds of your iPhone without jailbreaking your iPhone.
This app was developed utilizing the MacDirtyCow exploit. MacDirtyCow exploit is present in iOS 14 – iOS 16.1.2, which was fixed in iOS 16.2 update. Therefore, the FileSwitcherX app doesn’t work on iOS 16.2 or later.
Similarly, there is another trending app that uses the MacDirtyCow exploit, which is the DynamicCow app, that lets you enable Dynamic Island feature on iOS 14 – iOS 16.1.2 along with other cool apps and tweaks such as Misaka Tweak Manager, the Cine Mate app to stream high-quality movies free online, other MacDirtyCow Tweaks, which you can explore from our No-Jailbreak Apps page.
FileSwitcherX supported iOS
- iOS 16, iOS 16.0.1, iOS 16.0.2, iOS 16.0.3, iOS 16.1, iOS 16.1.1, iOS 16.1.2
- iOS 15, iOS 15.0.1, iOS 15.0.2, iOS 15.1, iOS 15.1.1, iOS 15.2, iOS 15.2.1, iOS 15.3, iOS 15.3.1, iOS 15.4, iOS 15.4.1, iOS 15.5, iOS 15.6, iOS 15.6.1, iOS 15.7, iOS 15.7.1, iOS 15.7.2
- iOS 14, iOS 14.0.1, iOS 14.1, iOS 14.2, iOS 14.2.1, iOS 14.3, iOS 14.4, iOS 14.4.1, iOS 14.4.2, iOS 14.5, iOS 14.5.1, iOS 14.6, iOS 14.7, iOS 14.7.1, iOS 14.8, iOS 14.8.1
- You can disable system sounds related to power on/ off, keyboard, camera app, locking, and SpringBoard.
- FileSwitcherX enables you to replace the system sounds of power on/ off, keyboard app, camera app (photo shutter, start and end record, camera shutters), locking, lock power, connect power, and SpringBoard by choosing an audio file from iCloud.
- With the NoHomeBar feature, you can now remove the background of Dock and Folders. This feature comes with the latest update of FileSwitcherX (v1.7).
- With the SpringBoard feature, you can apply dark mode and light mode to the outline of the Dock and Folders background.
- The SpringBoard feature caters to removing and disabling the shortcut banners and eliminating the Folders and Switcher App’s blur effect.
How to download FileSwitcherX IPA?
FileSwitcherX can be sideloaded using a Mac or PC using AltStore, with some commitment of effort and time. Also, if you are on iOS 14 – iOS 15.4.1, the IPA can be obtained through TrollStore as well.
However, we’ve saved you from all the hassle of sideloading the IPA.
Now you can install FileSwitcherX from the Taig9 IPA Store, in a matter of seconds online, following the quick step guide below.
Step 1: Tap the button below and install the Taig9 IPA store, by following the onscreen instructions.Install Taig9 IPA Store Now →
Step 2: Scroll down to locate the Dirty Cow Tweak option and tap it.
Step 3: Next, locate the FileSwitcherX IPA and tap Get in front of it.
Step 4: Under download.IPA, tap Download With T9 Store and follow the onscreen instructions to install the FileSwitcherX IPA, and Enjoy!