Last Updated: 6th April 2018
It's been a hassle and a disappointment to iOS users whom who want to downgrade their updated iOS version to a lowest one they prefer. Understanding this faulty, We, Taigone team is introducing TaigOne Downgrader. It’s easy and accurate and also is on the peek of gaining popularity.Install TaigOne
What is Taigone Downgrader?
Taigone Downgrader is a tool which allows you to downgrade your iOS version. In order to downgrade your iOS version, you must install Taigone Downgrader App from Taigone. When you save SHSH2 blobs according to your current iOS version, (during the signing period) you can downgrade to particular iOS version later (after the signing period)
How to install Taigone Downgrader
Taigone Downgrader is the hottest member of Taigone Triplet. First you have to download Taigone App from the button above and save SHSH2 blobs during the signing period of your iOS version. For more details about iOS signing please read below.
Here is a video guide for installing Taigone Downgrader using Taigone.
Let’s see how to install Taigone Downgrader and Save SHSH2 Blobs (Step Guide)
Steps to install TaigOne Downgrader
Open the TaigOne app and tap on Alternatives tab(2nd tab)
You will see TaigOne Downgrader app here. (This is available FREE in TaigOne Royal package ).
Tap on “Install” button.
Tap on “Allow”.
Tap on “Install” and type your passcode.
And that’s it. Done!
You have successfully installed TaigOne Downgrader.
How to save the SHSH2 blobs
Step 1 - Get ECID ECID stands for Electronic Chip ID, which is a unique number assigned to every device that Apple manufactures.
- Plug your iOS device to the computer.
- Launch iTunes and click on Summary in the left-hand pane.
- Click on the Serial number field in the Summary tab until you see the ECID.
- Right-click on it and copy it to the clipboard.
Step 2 - Get Device Identifier
- Just like the ECID, click on the Serial number field in the Summary tab in iTunes until you see the Model Identifier. E.g. in the case of iPhone X, it the model identifier will be iPhone 10,6.
Step 3 - Save the Shsh2 blob
- Open TaigOne Downgrader
- Paste the ECID you had copied above
- Select your device (Eg: iPhone, iPad or iPod touch)
- Enter Board Configuration (This can be find through this app - Lirum Device Info Lite )
- Click Submit.
This will give you a link to your saved blob. Save the link somewhere you can remind later. That’s all.
Your blobs are now saved.
The most advantageous thing of this method is that it will save the .shsh2 blobs automatically for any new iOS version Apple may release in the future, so you don’t have to go through the hassle of saving it manually every time Apple releases an update.
Let’s see how to use a saved SHSH2 blob to downgrade your iOS version.
How to downgrade iOS version using Taigone Downgrader?
Now we have saved SHSH2 blobs using Taigone downgrader. Let’s say you were in iOS 11.2.5 and saved the blobs using Taigone downgrader. And you have updated your iOS version to latest iOS 11.3 (At the moment of writing this article)
Apple is no longer signing iOS 11.2.5 and the only way to downgrade is Taigone Downgrader. Taigone downgrader finds your SHS2 blob for iOS 11.2.5 and makes iOS downgrading possible.
How to find ECID of iPhone?
- Connect your iDevice to your computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Navigate to the "Summary" tab for your device.
- At the top of the panel, click twice on the line that says "Serial Number".
- Your ECID is displayed in hexadecimal.
On-device (Jailbreak Required)
The UDID Calculator application from Cydia displays (among other things) the ECID of your device (shown in decimal).