Cheyote Jailbreak for iOS 15 – iOS 15.1.1
We are so close to taking iOS 15 jailbreak to a new dimension with Odyssey’s latest reveal on Cheyote jailbreak tool that supports iOS 15 to iOS 15.1.1 as well as similar iPadOS versions. Even though we have no idea of the actual release date of Cheyote jailbreak, the sleek UI unveiling speaks up for its near completion.
For an iOS 15 jailbreak enthusiast, it’s impossible not to explore similarities and distinct technical differences between Cheyote jailbreak and other jailbreak tools introduced by the Odyssey team. Here’s everything about Cheyote jailbreak!
Cheyote Jailbreak supported iOS Versions and Devices
- Cheyote jailbreak supports iOS 15 to iOS 15.1.1. To be more precise, the list goes on as iOS 15, iOS 15.0.1, iOS 15.0.2, iOS 15.1 and iOS 15.1.1.
- Similarly, the array of supported iPadOS versions go on as iPadOS 15, iPadOS 15.0.1, iPadOS 15.0.2, iPadOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1.1.
- Also, as per Odyssey team's announcement, they may look into the tool’s support for iOS 15.2 - 15.4.1 later on. However, as the Odyssey team made it clear not to update iOS 15.5 any further, it’s quite apparent that we can’t keep hopes on iOS 15.5.
- Cheyote jailbreak initially supported all devices with A12 and newer on iOS 15 – 15.1.1. To be more specific, if you have iPhone 12, iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR, then you can use Cheyote.
- But with Odyssey team's latest update, now you can use Cheyote jailbreak for A11 - A14 devices.
How to install Cheyote Jailbreak?
Since the Odyssey team released all their previous jailbreak tools as IPA-based tools, there is a high possibility that Cheyote jailbreak also would be the same. If that’s the case, you can make use of sideloads methods like AltStore and Sideloadly to install it. However, now you can download our Cheyote online installer below, so that once Cheyote is officially out, you can immediately go ahead jailbreaking your iOS 15 - iOS 15.1.1 or iPadOS 15 - iPadOs 15.1.1 device.Cheyote Online Installer →
The Package Manager for Cheyote Jailbreak
Odyssey team’s choices make it apparent that by default Cheyote jailbreak will install the Sileo package manager. Yet, you will be able to make use of alternative package managers such as Zebra or Cydia for iOS 15 jailbreak with Cheyote. Zebra team published an article on Reddit that they will make Zebra 2 available on Taurine15, which is the code name of Cheyote jailbreak.
Top 3 alternatives of Cheyote jailbreak
1. Checkra1n Jailbreak (Virtual)
Since original Checkra1n does not support iOS 15 yet, you have to use the web-based virtual solution jailbreak iOS 15 and higher. Some of the key differences between Checkra1n jailbreak and Cheyote jailbreak are as follows.
- Cheyote jailbreak supports up to iOS 15.1.1 and latest iPhones, whereas Checkra1n supports only up to iOS 14.8.1 and up to iPhone X.
- Cheyote mainly uses Sileo package manager and Checkra1n uses Cydia.
- Cheyote is a software-based, rootless jailbreak solution, whereas Checkra1n is hardware-based, Semi-tethered solution.
- Custom themes are available in Cheyote jailbreak solution with a more attractive user interface, whereas Checkra1n doesn't support custom themes and the UI is just standard.
2. Unc0ver Jailbreak (Virtual)
Original Unc0ver has the same issue as Checkra1n when it comes to jailbreak iOS 15. However, you can use Unc0ver 9virtual) jailbreak solution as a substitute method. Stated below are some of the key similarities and differences between Cheyote jailbreak and Unc0ver Jailbreak.
- Unc0ver only supports up to iOS 14.8 and similar to Cheyote jailbreak solution when it comes to device support.
- Unc0ver is a semi-untethered solution and supports Cydia package manager.
- Cheyote and Unc0ver both are software-based solutions.
- No custom themes are available with Unc0ver and the UI is standard.
Zeon offers you many third-party apps through its repo extractor for you to jailbreak iOS 15 and higher versions. Since you can download Cydia and Sileo from Zeon, it serves as a good alternative for Cheyote jailbreak.
Jailbreak iOS 15.2 – iOS 15.5
If you are an iOS 15.2 – iOS 15.5 user, who wish to jailbreak the device, please use the above discussed Cheyote alternatives to fulfill the requirement.
How to update my iOS for Cheyote jailbreak?
The following chart published by Aaron, who is one of the Cheyote Jailbreak team members, clearly indicates how to update your iOS accordingly to install Cheyote jailbreak. Please refer it carefully!
Cheyote Jailbreak Tweak Support
Unlike many other jailbreak tools developed by Odyssey, Cheyote jailbreak falls into rootless jailbreak. That means existing tweaks should be updated to be compatible with it. However, this will be accomplished easily as Cheyote jailbreak uses the updated libhooker library with initial support for iOS 15.
Cheyote Jailbreak Features
- Cheyote jailbreak serves with the option to enable and disable jailbreak tweaks at any time.
- Now you can restore your system back to stock from jailbroken status.
- Set Nonce to mitigate replay attacks.
- You can enable and disable the log window as per your desire.
- The 'go to recover' option is available.
- You can work with a few preset themes along with custom colors for interface gradients.
Latest news by Coolstar on Cheyote jailbreak for iOS 15
The Cheyote developer, Coolstar confirmed that you can use Cheyote jailbreak on A11 to A14 devices that with iOS 15 to iOS 15.1.1. To be precise check the device list below that falls between A11 and A14.
- A11 iPhones - iPhone X / iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus
- A12 iPhones - iPhone XS / iPhone XS Max / iPhone XR
- A13 iPhones - iPhone SE 2 / iPhone 11 / iPhone 11 Pro / iPhone 11 Pro Max
- A14 iPhones - iPhone 12 mini / iPhone 12 / iPhone 12 Pro / iPhone 12 Pro Max
Check out the progress of Cheyote jailbreak on A11- A14 so far below!
FAQ on Cheyote Jailbreak
1. Will untethered jailbreak be possible with Cheyote?
Cheyote jailbreak shares the similar aspect of being semi-untethered like its siblings developed by CoolStar. That means whenever you restart your device, the jailbreak will be removed from it, so you’ll have to re-jailbreak it. However, with the recent discovery of Linus Henze (Fugu14 jailbreak developer) on the permanent sign in any IPA file on jailbroken devices up to iOS 15.4.1, we can have a fair share of hope that it will work positively for Cheyote jailbreak too. So, untethered jailbreak will be possible with Cheyote.
2. Why does Cheyote support rootless jailbreaking?
Devices with rootless jailbreak won’t yield access to OS/root, instead only have access to the /var directory of the device. This makes it a lot safer alternative for the device, as rootless jailbreak saves the system files from being modified to an extent of unrepairable damage. Another perk of rootless jailbreak is that third-party apps that block access on the jailbroken device will no longer be able to detect that the device is jailbroken, hence will work hassle-free.
The hottest news on iOS 15.4.1 - iOS 15 jailbreak is the Palera1n jailbreak tool that was introduced most recently as the first semi-untethered jailbreak tool on checkm8. Only the developer version is still available for Palera1n jailbreak and we'll update you immediately on the public release and the progress. Stay tuned with us!